Thursday, September 13, 2012

Painting in Alcohol Ink with video

Pin It

Fun little project to share with you today. I showed you a card last week referring to a watercolor technique using your copic ink.  You can see that post HERE....now using the same adorable Owl Costume I made another little card.

Here is another example doing that and this time I filmed a video so you could see step by step.

For my finished card I paired the image up with some Melissa Frances Attic Treasures papers, alphabet stickers and zipper trim.

I made a little open door on the cover using MFT's Rounded Banner STAX Die-namics. I scored the front of my STAX 1/4" up the left edge and that is where I put my adhesive for the "hinge".

Below you can see the full video on coloring....why not have a little painting fun with your copics...you gotta give it a try!
 
SUPPLIES:

6 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

she is very cute, like the door idea and the zipper gives it more of an arch look!

Lisa H. said...

THIS is soooo cute and love the interactive feature on this. adorable, Sherrie!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh what a sweet card Sherrie!

Lori Aragon said...

I LOVE your card Sherrie! Thanks for the video - I want to give this technique a try soon :D lol on cutting out the adorable image... you'd never know!!!

Lori Craig said...

Love this, Sherrie! Super sweet with those dies used 'upside down'... LOVE.

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome tutorial! Thanks Sherrie!