Monday, May 20, 2013

May Flowers Creative Challenge!

Pin It

 April showers....bring May flowers! That is the theme for this months' MFT creative challenge. I decided to play with MFT's flowers in a little non traditional way :)

First up is my salute to Ombre. I cut this large heirloom rose Die-namics from multiple pieces of crepe paper and then dipped the petals in copic reinker and let the ends of the crepe paper soak up the color. Crepe paper is also so pliable and I could curl the petals too.

I also did a little ombre treatment to the seam binding ribbon. Then I stamped sentiments from the "Birthday Sentiments" set.

 Next up, I cut a bunch of flowers from fabric and did a little applique to a plain white cotton bag.

I first attached some "heat and bond" to my fabric, this makes for nice clean cuts through my die cut machine. I used the "Flower Medley" for this project.  I stamped the sentiment from "Inspired by Flowers 4" in versacraft ink.

I made a little matching card and then adhered buttons to the centers of the flowers.
 SUPPLIES:



Be sure to head over to MFT central....and check out what the rest of the DT created with flowers!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow! Beautiful work Sherrie!

Lisa H. said...

fantastic, Sherrie. the first one is soft and pretty, but that bag is awesome! so cute with those flowers you added.

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! Sherrie, these are AWESOME! LOVE all of these, especially that FANTASTIC tote bag!!!

Karen Motz said...

Love all the yellow on the first card and the fabric flowers are so pretty!