Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Simple, the Detailed, and the Technique Tags!

Pin It

Yeah! It is product tour day....the release at MFT is here again!

Today I have TAGS A PLENTY to share with you so grab a cuppa and settle in.

I have three kinds of tags...first up is the FAST and simple using up some my mind's eye patterned paper.

My product focus is on the new Pierced Traditional Tag STAX Die-namics they are just one step size smaller than the previously released Traditional Tag STAX so this means I could use them together for matting!

I also used one brand new Die-namics....they are the "Christmas Greetings". LOVE them! You have both the script font and the clean printed font...I decided to use the script today. I doubled up this Die-namics to show a little shadowing on the letters so they were cut twice (once with the new Timber Green cardstock and then again with either the Paver Red cardstock or some patterned paper).

Topped off with a fuse green button and some hemp cord...these are great for really quick tags and will help me use up some of my patterned papers that I have been hoarding :)

Next up "Stampy tags"....









MFT SUPPLIES:

Here are some stamped tags and I did 4 different sizes so that you can see the versatility in this Pierced Traditional Tags STAX.

I inked up my brand new Sheet Music Background in Paver Red ink and stamped on Smooth White Cardstock. This stamp is HUGE! I then placed all my different sized tags on stamped sheet music and just sent it once through my die cut machine.

First up I matted all my Pierced Tags with the size up in the Traditional Tags Die-namics with Paver Red Cardstock

The tag on the far left I used the Ornament Banner Die-namics and Stamp set and placed it over the sheet music. I also decorated these tags with Melissa Frances pom-pom trim.
 The tag to the right you can see that I embossed the Ornament Banner Die-namics into the tag before stamping the little Ornament Banner Builder stamps. Isn't the smallest one sweet.....
MFT SUPPLIES:

Here we go for the Technique Tag! I also took photos while creating this tag so that it is easier to explain....
First up I embossed the Starry Christmas tree on my largest size Pierced Tradtional Tag STAX.
I laid my new Square Tiles Stencil over top of my tag and taped it into place. I then airbrushed the tag in the three copic colors shown above. When I lifted the stencil off I decided that I would go over the whole tag with some BV02 (not shown in the photo). This made my inbetween parts BV02 instead of stark white. I did this so that my white snowman would really pop off the background.
I then revealed the white of my heat embossed Starry Christmas tree by spritzing a rag with Copic colorless blender and wiping off the airbrushed color to reveal the white tree.
Now to play with the snowman. He is from the Snow Globe Die-namics set and I added a bit of shading to his body with BG70,72 and then some sparkle with glossy accents and glitter.
The little accessories for the snowman were fun! I cut the arms from Real Wood paper, the hat, buttons, scarf and eyes from MFT felt and the nose is Real Wood paper colored with YR68.
Finally, I wanted to add a few snowflakes. I took the new Snowflake Splendor set and my sweet tooth pigment ink and stamped a few. I then matted it with my largest size Traditional Tag STAX Die-namics cut in Black Licorice Cardstock.

MFT SUPPLIES:
I felt like I could have played so much more with tags.....These are going to be SUPER to have in a month or two :)
Make sure you pop on over to the MFT blog to see the full list of designers and their Product Tour inspiration! Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Tammy H said...

All of these tags are phenomenal. Such amazing details. Any chance you can tell me where you get the real wood paper? I have been unable to locate any. Absolutely love the snowman's little arms cut from it.

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us!

Jodi Collins said...

What INCREDIBLE tags Sherrie! They are just GORGEOUS! Thank you for the step by step pictures too! AMAZING!

AmyR said...

You make me want to sit down and make tags all day - these are all just too fun! :)