Monday, June 23, 2014

Creative Challenge Hybird Ink!


Pin It

 Welcome to the June MFT Creative Challenge! This month designers were challenge to get a little inky with MFT's new Hybrid inks!

I did a couple of projects to show the versatility of these inks. First up....playing with some gelato dripping.

I covered a standard piece of paper with gesso and then colored my gelatos over the top....spritzed with water and let em' drip!

Now the really cool part was adding in my stamping that I did with Hybrid ink. The lemon drop grid background and the "Cheerful Blessings" sentiment stayed nice and crisp...not mingling with the gelatos or gesso....yay!

On the left I was still playing with my gelatos and wanted to show how that black Hybird ink line would not budge over the gelatos. This is the inside of the card. The sweet sentiment is from the "Blue Skies Ahead" set stamped in Sweet Tooth pigment ink.
 My FAVORITE new use for the Hybrid ink is how well it works with my Copic Markers! LOVE!

This little balloon stamped from the "Cupcake Cutie" set and then I drew in the string with my multiliner. The sky is then airbrushed.

Below is a look at the inside....the "Sun Ray" Stencil is airbrushed and then the sentiment stamped in Wild Cherry Hybrid ink! If anything would bleed, it would have been this red, but it stays nice and sharp!
Be sure to check out all the designers today playing with Hybrid inks! They are all on the MFT blog!

Thanks for the look!
SUPPLIES:

3 comments:

Sharon Harnist said...

Great cards and fabulous use of the permanent hybrid inks, Sherrie!

Barbara Nimmo said...

I enjoyed reading your blog post about the creative challenge with hybrid ink. Your artistic endeavors and the way you've shared your process are truly inspiring! It's always wonderful to see the creative process in action.
cash app barcode to load money at 7-eleven

Ashlee Rolfson said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your blog post on the creative challenge of hybrid ink. Your artwork and insights are truly inspiring! It's always wonderful to discover talented artists who share their creative journey with the world.
Starbucks Advent Calendar