Tuesday, July 8, 2014

UNDER the weather?

Pin It
 Fun little technique card to show you today....and a little step by step to walk you through my process. This is very much a ONE LAYER card.

Let's walk through it.....
 I cut the "Layered Umbrellas" Die-namics from a post it note and placed it on my card base.
 I then masked off the edges of that umbrella with more post it notes, going right to the bottom of my card.
 I then inked up the "Typewriter Text" background with some Spearmint Hybrid ink and inked up my card front.
 I then did a base of COPIC airbrushing with BG13 still leaving my mask in tact.
 I then laid the "Raindrops" stencil over my cardfront and taped it down. Airbrushing with BG18. I moved the stencil to add some more raindrops and then airbrushed again.
Here is a look at the very "One layer" nature of this card.  For the umbrella itself....I painted with a little grapejelly and grapesicle refill and a bit of shimmer mist. I cut the remaining pieces from steel grey cardstock.

The sentiment is from the "Blue Skies Ahead" set (altered a little to fit my space).

Thanks for stopping by!

SUPPLIES:

3 comments:

Sosa's Wife said...

Love the different layers you created! Such a beautiful card

mea5798 said...

good morning miss sherrie! I am brand-new to airbrushing with my copics! I love the mask technique you did on your card..can't wait to try this myself!
xox marie

stampingbowd said...

OH! I love the ribbon tag!!! I am going to remember this. A wonderful way to use up our bits of ribbons!!! Great cards!