Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Copic "Watercolor"

Pin It

Hi! We just enjoyed a wonderful long weekend here in BC! A ONE LAYER, simple card for you today showcasing one of my favorite things....copics! You wouldn't think that flower is done with markers...well it is done with copic marker various ink refills and my waterpen filled with blender solution. 

I love the pretty watercolor looking results of this technique....but first I need to describe how I got all that texture!

I did my stamping first, using "Birthday Chalkboard Greetings" and  "Delicious Birthday" from MFT! I stamped them in the Black Licorice Hybrid ink. Now....for the texture. I prepared the die cut sandwich for embossing on my machine. I then laid down my "Rose with Overlay" Die-namics, A piece from the "Blueprints 9" for the sentiment and then laid over all of this the "Grid" stencil. I ran it through my machine a couple of times to ensure deep impressions. 

For the copic "watercolor" I used YR68, YR31 and R05 Various inks. 

Are you signed up for a Copic Certification or Workshop? Some new locations were just added....Vancouver BC and Calgary are for my fellow Canadians :)

Check out the full list HERE on my updated Copic page. Hope to see you soon!


No comments: