Monday, September 9, 2013

Release Rewind

Pin It

 I just LOVE release rewind day....I get a chance to play with the recent release a little more!

Our Thanksgiving comes a little sooner than my American friends so I wanted to make a Thanksgiving card today. I decided to go bright and fresh with the color scheme using some Studio Calico "Sundrifter" papers with my new Autumn Wreath Die-namics. I cut the large ring of the wreath from old book paper twice and then filled it in with the individual leaves cut from the patterned papers.

Trimmed with some felt Fall Foliage Die-namics and the sentiment from the Fall Foliage stamp set.

I kept the inside pretty clean and simple...just echoing the patterned papers and stamping the sentiment in Sour Apple ink.

 I had so much fun making my own wood veneer embellishments this month that I thought I would do two more :)

These come from the "School Days" Die-namics. I stacked them up on several sheets of kraft cardstock and then adhered my wood paper to the top. I went around the edge with my copic marker to darken.

The sentiment is from a new line at MFT called Sunny Day Doodles....so cute! This is from the Celebrate Life set.

Below is a look at the inside, just some simple stamping with the School Days set and some Bubblegum and Kraft ink.

So there is my little release rewind for today....be sure to head on over to the MFT blog for the other designers playing along today!
SUPPLIES FOR BOTH PROJECTS:

4 comments:

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous!!!! that wreath is stunning in those colors, Sherrie. Your sweet little card is adorable. I can't wait for that stamp set to get here.

Tracey said...

Well, these are just awesome cards!! The wreath on the first one is beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards Sherrie! Love your gorgeous wreath!

Patti Rogers said...

Interesting. Verrrry interesting!!!